Wednesday 24 October 2012

The Mennyms

Author: Sylvia Waugh
Pages: 236
Age Group: 9+
Genre: Mystery, Real life, 
 From the outside, 5 Brocklehurst Grove looks like an ordinary house - the windows are always clean, and the garden well-tended. And from the inside, to hear the voices of the inhabitants, the Mennym family, you would think they were an ordinary family, too. Wrong! The Mennyms - Granny and Grandpa, Vinetta and Joshua and their five children, as well as the elusive Miss Quigley and mysterious Pilbeam - are far from ordinary. The whole family shares an astonishing secret to which nobody has even come close... until perhaps,now. When an airmail letter from Australia comes through the letterbox of number 5, its contents are enough to plunge the whole family into fear that now, for the first time, the mystery surrounding it is about to be exposed. 
My review 
Great book! very unusual and creative, you have no idea what is going to happen next! I rate it 8 out of 10. I found it a really interesting book so I'm sure you would enjoy reading it too. This is the first book in the Mennym's series and starts it off with a boom! Highly recommend to primary school students especially!

Hopefully I'll see you again,
Courts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
Glad your commenting! Make sure you select an option for the Comment as ...button because if you don't it won't send the comment to me.Also before your comment gets on the blog it comes to me and then I can publish it.
Thanks Readers.