Tuesday 30 October 2012

Jackie won a pony

Author: Judith M. Berrisford
Pages: 127
Age group: 9+
Genre: Horses, Adventure
First published: 1958

Blurb
Dear Jaqueline,
You will, I am sure, be delighted to learn that the judges of our competition for the best essay on 'If i won a pony' have awarded you the first prize of a pony.
yours sincerely,
Stephen Clarke
Editor of horseshoes
Jackie has always longed for a pony of her own. Now she can have her pick of any number of beautiful, well-bred, highly-trained ponies. But then she sees Misty-a sad, grey pony, pulling a firewood cart- and Jackie knows that, for her no other pony will do.

My review

I am such a fan of old Horse books!! Jackie won a pony was so 'original'! I thought it was such a cool book! It was all about how a girl called Jackie wins a pony of her choice but although she has choice of many well bred show horses but ends up choosing an ex-cart pulling horse. They have many adventures together and make many friends along the way. I rate this book 8 out of 10.

Hi everyone,
Hope you are all healthy and well.
Back at school/work again!! :(
Holidays are over!
enjoy this awesome book!
Courts 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
Glad your commenting! Make sure you select an option for the Comment as ...button because if you don't it won't send the comment to me.Also before your comment gets on the blog it comes to me and then I can publish it.
Thanks Readers.