Wednesday 17 October 2012

A Basket of flowers

Author: Christoph Von Schmid
Pages:189
Age Group: 11+
Genre: Christian, real life, imprisonment
First Published:1999
 Blurb
Mary grows up sheltered and secure in a beautiful cottage with a loving father. She learns lessons about humility, purity and forgiveness under her father's watchful gaze.

However, it doesn't last. Even though she loves God and obeys him this does not protect her ultimately from the envy and hatred of others. Mary is given a generous gift of a new dress from her friend Amelia, the daughter of the local landowner. This incites envy from Juliette, Amelia's maid who had wanted the dress for herself.

When Amelia's mother's ring goes missing Juliette decides to pass the blame onto Mary. Both Mary and her father are imprisoned for the crime and eventually exiled from their home. Mary learns to trust in God completely as difficulty follows after difficulty.

Even when she doubts if she will ever clear her name she turns back to God who is a constant source of comfort to her. Who did steal the ring in the end? That is the final unexpected twist in the tale, which makes this book a really good read. 

My Review
Hi, Everyone! My Best Friend Damaris Brought me this book! 
Message to D: Thanks Damaris, Loved the Book.
 It is a really great book, she couldn't have chosen a better book for me! It was very educational, with some very important morals behind the text. I highly recommend this book to you not just because of the story but because it has lessons in it that could change the way you live! I Rate this book 8 out of 10 but I will +1 because of the great lessons embed in the story so I rate it...
 9 out of 10!!!

Hope you read this one,
Summer is here!
It is starting to warm up here in Victoria
am looking forward to the warmer weather.
Christmas is coming up pretty quickly!!
I might post some Christmas present ideas up sometime next month!   
See you all soon,
Courtney the reader behind the posts!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
Glad your commenting! Make sure you select an option for the Comment as ...button because if you don't it won't send the comment to me.Also before your comment gets on the blog it comes to me and then I can publish it.
Thanks Readers.