Tuesday 17 January 2012

My Side of the Mountain

Author: Jean Craighead George
Pages: 177
 My Side of the Mountain is about a teenage boy called Sam Gribley who runs away from his home in the city of New York, to live by himself in the Catskill Mountains. He was terribly unhappy living in New York, so he was relieved he had gotten out of that chaotic City. He left with only a penknife, a ball of cord, forty dollars and some flint and steel, yet he gained a lot on his journey, including Frightful, his pet Falcon which he has Trained, and lots of other friends of the animal sort and also a fellow human being.He intended to survive on his own.With his Knowledge and the help of his few new friends he maneges to make it through the long, exciting but lonely journey. Sam learns about courage, danger and Independence during his year in the wilderness, a year that changes his life forever.                  
My Review
                     I rate My side of the mountain 9 out of 10
It was a Fantastic book telling a well planned storyline that tested Sam's Strength, Endurance and mainly his Independence, But boy did he cope well!Although this was a Fiction book it seemed as if it really did happen! You readers will learn the ways of the forest and gather a lot of useful knowledge that will help you in some way or the other, Even if its only useful when you go camping in a bush or forest.I know that you will love this amazing book and will enjoy it every bit as much as I did.Amazingly enough this book was first published in the 1960's! My side of the mountain also won a Newberry honour award thanks to the authors Tremendous work in the book industry.
The Four Sequels to This book

 2#On the Far Side of the Mountain,
  3#Frightful's Mountain, 

 

4#Frightful's Daughter,
  
5#Frightful's Daughter meets the Baron Weasel



Thanks so much....
I'll see you all next time
,Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
Glad your commenting! Make sure you select an option for the Comment as ...button because if you don't it won't send the comment to me.Also before your comment gets on the blog it comes to me and then I can publish it.
Thanks Readers.