Monday 11 February 2013

Polly's march

Author: Linda Newbery
Pages: 191
Age Group: 10+
Genre: History, The fight for women's rights

Will she stand up for what she believes in?

The Historical House Series
Are a unique collection of novels about the extraordinary lives of those who have lived down the ages at NO 6, Chelsea Walk.

Polly has an adventurous spirit, and her dream is to become an explorer. But in 1914 women didn't have many rights, let alone career choices. Polly discovers this when her new neighbors turn out to be suffragettes, fighting for women's right to vote.
 Polly's parents are scandalized but Polly is intrigued, and the more she thinks about this cause, the more determined she becomes to join the suffragettes' protest march. But will she dare defy her parents and do what she thinks is right?

My Review
I loved this book!! It was really interesting because the books in this series are all set around the people in this particular house on Chelsea Walk throughout the years as the world changes. I would love to read some of the other books in this series as you would be able to compare the house to the books before it. 
I hope you enjoy reading about Polly and her venture to become a Women Suffragette.

I loved this book and I am sure you will too, 
see you soon, 
Courtne  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
Glad your commenting! Make sure you select an option for the Comment as ...button because if you don't it won't send the comment to me.Also before your comment gets on the blog it comes to me and then I can publish it.
Thanks Readers.