Wednesday 2 January 2013

I would die for you

 One student's story of passion,service and faith
Author: Brent & Deanna Higgins (Father and Mother of B.J)
Pages: 220
Age Group: Any age (Probably 12+)
Genre: Youth-biography of BJ's life

When was the last time you gave your all for God?

BJ Higgins loved God with everything he had and worked passionately to bring God's love to the whole world. He believed in using the opportunities God gave him and boldly shared the gospel wherever he went. BJ's life on earth ended after a six-week battle with an infection contracted on the mission field. He was just fifteen years old. 


I Would Die for You tells the extraordinary story of an ordinary young man. BJ's journals and blogs, along with testimony from family and friends, reveal a young man whose short life left an impression on many--including Bart Millard, lead singer of Mercy Me, who wrote and recorded a song to Honor him.

BJ put the cause of Christ above his own personal comfort. This powerful true story will amaze, inspire, and challenge you to live every day making a difference for God.
 

"How could someone who lived only a few years leave such an indelible heartprint on the world? This story is not for the faint of heart. Not only does it tell of an amazing young man but of the amazing God he served. Every parent and every student should read this book. When you do, you'll agree: BJ Higgins is this generation's Jim Elliot."
-Dr. Walker Moore, president and founder, Awe Star Ministries; author, Rite of Passage Parenting and Rite of Passage Parenting Workbook

"There is a possibility that this life isn't going to just be a bed of roses from here on out. Are we willing to make a sacrifice for the kingdom? Because that's what BJ did. I may die of old age in my sleep and [my life would] not have as much meaning as BJ's life did. I Would Die for You is a challenge, a battle cry for all the body."

-Bart Millard, lead singer of MercyMe
My Review
What a fantastic book!! I can't believe that BJ could make such a huge impact in his 15 years on Earth! His story is so inspiring for the youth and the Adults. I feel as though he is a great Role model to look up to. Although I never met him and don't know his family, his story has made an impact on me and also on my friends who have read this book. It has many lessons embedded in his story's and journal-ling which are great things to remember. I rate it 9 out of 10 which is a fantastic rating for a biography!! But this biography does have something quite different from most of the other books on the shelf. A life changing book,

Only 42 days till Christmas And....
Only 27 days left of school (for me)!!
Boy the year has whizzed past so quick it is unbelievable!
See you soon,
Courtney


2 comments:

  1. Hi Courtney
    Glad you liked the book! It's one of my favourites, too. Damaris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Damaris,
      This book was great!! It really showed how if you have faith in God, He can do amazing things through you!!

      Courtney

      Delete

Hi,
Glad your commenting! Make sure you select an option for the Comment as ...button because if you don't it won't send the comment to me.Also before your comment gets on the blog it comes to me and then I can publish it.
Thanks Readers.