Wednesday 5 September 2012

Summer of my German soldier

Author: Bette Greene
Pages: 205
Age group: 12+ (It is just quite sad near the end)
Genre: Wartime, America
 Blurb
'I'm a Jew,' said Patty's father, 'and 'd rather help a mad dog escape from the pound than help a Nazi.'
When Patty Bergen sold a red pencil sharpener to the German prisoner in her father's store, a friendship was started which was to bring her much unhappiness, but also the greatest joy she'd ever known.
An unusual moving story set in wartime America.
My Review
I rate this book 9 out of 10! 
It is a very moving story and brought tears to my eyes at one stage. It is about a 12 year old girl in a time of war. She was under the influence of a cruel father, which constantly affected her kindness towards others. She was an extremely caring person and I felt as if I knew her when I had finished reading the book. It was really interesting to read about the time during the war and it made me tremedously grateful that i don't live in a war zone. An amazing book, which I could read again and again.

see you soon,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
Glad your commenting! Make sure you select an option for the Comment as ...button because if you don't it won't send the comment to me.Also before your comment gets on the blog it comes to me and then I can publish it.
Thanks Readers.