Thursday 26 July 2012

A pony to school

Author: Diana Pullein-Thompson
Pages:160
Age group: 9+
Genre:Horses

Blurb
Why had Ted Dunne asked Christian and Augusta to school clown? Where had he failed? The question was soon answered- Clown was a rearer, and  the experts said that if he was a confirmed rearer he would be incurable and have to be destroyed.
Then when the skewbald pony became ill Christina and Augusta realise they are very fond of him and will do anything to cure him of his dreadful habit. The experience is harrowing but somehow they must prevent Clown from being killed.
My review
Boy did I love this book!! This was a great bargain that I found in an Op shop for 10cents. It was so funny because last week when I went to an Op shop I found a book called Riders from Afar- By Christine Pullein-Tompson, Personally I thought that this book that I was buying was written by the same author as A Pony to school. But... When I got home I realized that it wasn't. I figured that they would have to be related as they both: had the same last name, Wrote about horses, had books published by the same company and they were published around the same time. And guess what? I was right. I stumbled upon a website that told me the whole story. 
Diana and Christine are Twin Sisters and they both write horse books!(No wonder why I was curious) And they also have another sister named Josephine and a mother called Joanna Cannan. The funny thing is that they all write Horse books. I also found out that the three sisters all worked together to make a 'black beauty' series which my aunty vaguely said something about, mind you she said it was her favorite series.


Well I didn't tell you much about A pony to school But I did tell you about my 'Amazing discoveries' About this recently (unknown to me) chain of Authors.
Hope you enjoy these books,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
Glad your commenting! Make sure you select an option for the Comment as ...button because if you don't it won't send the comment to me.Also before your comment gets on the blog it comes to me and then I can publish it.
Thanks Readers.