Wednesday 21 November 2012

First Light

Author: Brodie & Brock Thoene
Pages: 391
Genre: historical, bible themes.
Age Group: 14 - Adult
Series: A.D. Chronicles
Jerusalem
The ancient city where hatred, deceit, longing, and desperation smolder in every heart.
Spiritual and political darkness shroud the world's holiest and most turbulent city. Ruled by Rome and manipulated by religious rulers with only selfish interests in mind, the people of Jerusalem wonder if their Deliverer will ever come.
Susanna and Manaen desperately search for hope and meaning- in a world where their love is forbidden. Others pray and wait for light, the True light of Messiah, to dawn. Peniel the beggar, Marcus the Roman Centurion, Zadok the Chief Shepherd of Israel, and his three adopted orphan boys - all long for a vision of hope. 
Now a healer named Yeshu walks the streets of Jerusalem. Is he the true Messiah? Or only another imposter, like so many before him?
My Review
Although this book seemed to take me a long time to read, I loved every moment of it so much!
It was so interesting mainly because it was set Jerusalem and had some events out of the bible. It had scripture references and had many lessons to be learned in it. I will definitely read some of of Brodie & Brock's books. This book was a very thick book and I had to read some things over twice because they were hard to digest but I absolutely loved it.
I rate it 8 out of 10!! 
Thanks Genelle, I loved reading this book and also thanks for the books you gave me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
Glad your commenting! Make sure you select an option for the Comment as ...button because if you don't it won't send the comment to me.Also before your comment gets on the blog it comes to me and then I can publish it.
Thanks Readers.