Friday 10 February 2012

The Door in the Dragon's Throat

Author: Frank E. Peretti
Pages: 125
Genre:Youth/Fiction,Adventure,mystery.
Age Group: 9-13
Two teenagers by the name of Jay and Lila Cooper and their archaeologist father travel to Nepur, a very uninviting land of deserts full of danger. They must search to uncover the truth behind an ancient legend. Locals claim that inside a dark cavern called the Dragon's Throat is a forbidden Door that brings certain death to anyone who tries to open it. Armed with the knowledge that God is more powerful than any legend or curse, Jay & Lila plunge down into the Dragon's Throat, determined to find out what awaits them on the other side of the door. This daring book will have you on the edge of your seat.
 My review
I rate this Book 7 out of 10 (really good)
 This book was a very good book set in the land of the middle east. The Book starts by a very wealthy, greedy, conceited president called Al-Dallam, dreaming about getting richer and richer. He has always wanted to have all of the 'treasure' which he thought was behind the doors in the cavern but no one has been able to open the door to get to this 'treasure'. Finally he discovered the Cooper family who agreed that they would try and open the door in the dragons throat, Even though most of the people that went into the dragons throat never came back alive. This is how the adventure Begins.....
It was a little bit confusing in one or two of the paragraphs but I just re-read the few confusing parts and then I Understood the meaning.

On the Book it says ages 8-12 but I am 13 and I enjoyed reading it and I think that you will too!

The other Books in the series
 
#2Escape from the island of Aquarius
#3The Tombs of Anak
 #4Trapped at the Bottom of the sea
 #5The secret of the desert stone
#6The deadly curse of  Toco-Rey 
#7The Legend of Annie Murphy
#8Mayday at Two Thousand Five Hundred

Although I only have the first three I'm pretty sure that you will enjoy reading this exciting series. 
Thanks again, Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
Glad your commenting! Make sure you select an option for the Comment as ...button because if you don't it won't send the comment to me.Also before your comment gets on the blog it comes to me and then I can publish it.
Thanks Readers.